Benckenstein Joins Crowley High Faculty

Member of Ag Department

Krysta+Benckenstein
Back to Article
Back to Article

Benckenstein Joins Crowley High Faculty

Krysta Benckenstein

Krysta Benckenstein

Krysta Benckenstein

Krysta Benckenstein

Armani Handy, Staff Writer

The Crowley High School faculty welcomed new agriscience II teacher Krysta Benckenstein to its staff.
Benckenstein, 28, admitted that she is really enjoying her first year at Crowley High School. “It’s easier than I expected, and it’s very fun.
She also mentioned another reason she is enjoying herself. “(The students) are very interactive. I like to talk, and they do also.”
She described her typical day. “(It’s) busy, and some days we have to go outside.”
Benkenstein likes to see her students succeed. “I love to see my students progress. It makes them happy, and it makes me happy.”
Sophomore Dakota Stehle, who has Benckenstein second hour and currently has a B, admitted that she has enjoyed all of her new Ag teacher’s lessons so far. “(I like) everything, because she makes teaching fun. She teaches and jokes around.”
Stehle, 15, stated that Benckenstein’s class isn’t difficult. “She explains everything in detail.”
Junior Chase Hoffpauir has an A in Benckenstein’s third period class. He explained that his favorite lesson was genetics because, “it was entertaining.”
Hoffpauir, 16, also mentioned that he enjoys her class. “It’s fun. We play with chickens.”
Prior to coming to Crowley High, Benckenstein was a substitute teacher in Jefferson Davis Parish. She also previously worked as a vet technician in Lake Charles.
Benckenstein, who is originally from Sulphur, but now lives in Egan, graduated from Sulphur High School in 2007. She was a member of the Future Farmers of America and 4-H while in high school.
Benckenstein explained her influence to become a teacher. “My ag teacher, Mr. Chuck Cannon, was my influence to be an ag teacher.”
She went on to earn her Bachelor of Science degree in animal science from McNeese State University in 2011.
Benckenstein also stated she is in a relationship with someone and has a stepdaughter named Ashtyn.
Benckenstein has five horses, three goats, two cats with special needs, one cow, one dog, 13 chickens, and a guinea pig.
She also likes to hunt and rodeo in her free time. “It’s my passion,” she said.