Marceaux Signs with LSU-Alexandria

Andy Hebert

On hand for the signing ceremony were, seated from left, Sadie Marceaux (mother), Jocelyn Marceaux, Keith Marceaux (father); standing, CHS Athletic Director Jeptha Wall, CHS softball coach Jacob Aguillard and CHS Principal Tim Boudreaux.

Andy Hebert, Sponsor

Crowley High senior Jocelyn Marceaux recently signed a National Letter of Intent to continue her softball career with the Louisiana State University of Alexandria Generals beginning in the fall.

The 18-year-old explained why she decided to sign with LSUA.  “It felt like a place I could spend the next four years,” she said.

Marceaux’s brother John, a 2016 CHS graduate, signed an athletic scholarship with Louisiana College in February 2016.

Jocelyn Marceaux said seeing her brother do that motivated her to do the same.  “I also wanted to excel in the sport I love.”

Marceaux admitted that she was noticed by the LSUA coaches because she attended some of their camps.  “I visited the school in October 2019,” she said.  “I met with the head coaches.  I attended a tour of the campus and then participated in a practice with the team.”

During her visit, she was able to meet the current players.  “They were all super friendly.”

Marceaux mentioned her individual goal while she plays with LSUA.  “The goal I hope to achieve is to better myself in all aspects of the sport.”

Marceaux played outfield throughout her four years of high school.  “I am willing to play any position they need me to play,” she said.

Marceaux’s senior softball season ended unexpectedly after eight games because of the Coronavirus pandemic.  

As a junior, she batted .440 from the leadoff position, helped the Ladies capture the District 5-3A title, and the Ladies reached the Class 3A Regional playoffs as the No. 4 seed with a 24-6 record.  She was named the team’s best defensive player, and to the first teams for district, parish, and state.  She was also on the Louisiana Sportswriters Association Class 3A honorable mention team.  

Marceaux was named second-team all-district as a sophomore after she helped the Ladies reach the Class 3A semifinals after they defeated the No. 1-seeded Lutcher Lady Bulldogs.  The Ladies finished with a record of 25-9.

Her freshman season ended with her being named the team’s hardest worker and an honorable mention all-district pick.

Marceaux, who began playing softball when she was three years old, also has played on select softball teams since she was 12.  “I am currently on the Lake Charles Bullets team.”

Marceaux also played volleyball all four years she attended Crowley High.  She helped the team reach the playoffs multiple times, and she was named first-team all-district as a senior, second-team all-district her junior and sophomore years, and honorable mention all-district as a freshman.

She reflected on what she will miss the most about high school sports.  (I’ll miss) playing with my friends,” stated Marceaux.

Marceaux graduated from Crowley High with a 4.0 grade-point average.  She was named to both the Academic All-State composite team for softball and volleyball.

She was a member of the French Club and Student Council as a senior, the Prom Committee as a junior, and the National Honor Society her junior and senior year.  She was also the 2019 CHS Homecoming queen.

She plans to major in accounting while she attends LSU Alexandria.