Guidry Recognized as 2018 Football Sweetheart

Back to Article
Back to Article

2018 Football Sweetheart Kaitlyn Guidry, third from left, is recognized by 2017 Football Sweetheart Julia Sittig and her parents, Melvecchio Guidry and Nicole Cain.

Allyson Schexnayder

Allyson Schexnayder

Allyson Schexnayder

From staff reports

Crowley High School senior Kaitlyn Guidry was recognized as the Football Sweetheart during halftime of Friday night’s football game between the host Gents and the Iota  Bulldogs.

Prior to the crowning all of the members of the court were escorted across the football field by parents, friends, or other special guests.

Guidry is the daughter of Melvecchio Guidry and Nicole Cain. She has been a Crowley High School cheerleader for four years and an All-American cheerleader for two years. She was a member of the Crowley High School Ladies track team, 4-H Club and the prom committee for one year. She has been a member of Student Council and Key Club for four years. She has also been a member of FCCLA for three years and the Art Club and French Club for two years. Guidry has been a member of the National Honor Society for two years. She received the Hardest Working Student award during her junior year and she received an academic jacket her senior year.

Guidry plans to attend Southern University and major in nursing.