Lindaya Brooks Voted 2018 Crowley High School Homecoming Queen

Lindaya Brooks' parents, Ceasar and Yosha react at the moment when their daughter is named the 2018 Crowley High School Homecoming Queen Friday evening.

Allyson Schexnayder

Allyson Schexnayder

Andy Hebert, Sponsor

Crowley High School senior Lindaya Brooks was crowned the 2018 Homecoming Queen during halftime of Friday night’s football game between the host Gents and the Iota  Bulldogs.

Prior to the crowning all of the members of the court were escorted across the football field by parents, friends, or other special guests.

Brooks is the daughter of Ceasar and Yosha Brooks. She is currently a member of the Student Council. She was a member of FCCLA for two years where she was named as Sweetheart during her junior year. She is a member of the National Honor Society and she received an academic jacket. She was a member of the Crowley High School band for one year. Brooks has received the Hardest Working Student award several times.

After graduation, she plans to join the United States Air Force.

Andy Hebert
2018 Homecoming Queen Lindayia Brooks, second from left, is congratulated by her parents Ceasar and Yosha Brooks and 2017 Homecoming Queen Eriyona Brooks.

About the Contributor
Andy Hebert, Sponsor

My name is Andy Hebert, and I teach journalism and study skills at Crowley High School.  This is my 18th year as a teacher, and I have only taught at...