Twelve Students Advance to State Literary Rally

Travis Hayes, Staff Writer

BATON ROUGE – Twelve Crowley High students participated in the State Literary Rally held on the campus of Louisiana State University on April 21.

They advanced to state by finishing at least third at the District Literary Rally held at Louisiana State University in Eunice on Feb. 24.

Agriscience teacher Emily Manuel asked sophomore Brennan Credeur, 16, to participate in Agriscience II. He advanced to state after finishing second in district.  He mentioned that there weren’t any surprises at state. “I expected it to be alright and it was.”

Credeur said being on the campus was fun. “We were able to walk and around and eat on campus.” Credeur ate at McDonald’s and Subway.

“I had a lot of fun hanging out with friends and getting to see how college works.”

Credeur recalled his most memorable moment.  “Doing a dance and having a crowd stand up and cheer for me.”

He stated he ended up meeting multiple people who were cool.  He states what he liked most about being on campus is “meeting new people.”

Credeur isn’t too sure about going to LSU after walking the campus.

Journalism teacher Andy Hebert asked sophomore Annalise Matte,15, to participate in the district rally in Journalism I.  “For the district rally, it did go as expected. It was an easy test, although most questions were out of the blue.”

Matte, who qualified for the state competition by placing third in district, explained what it was like to be on the LSU campus.  “It was eye-opening honestly because one day I might be there, being just as lost as I was for state rally.”

Matte recalled her most memorable moment.  “The Barnes and Noble was the most memorable because it was one of the biggest stores I’ve seen.”

She stated that participating in state rally gave her the opportunity to meet many people.  “I met tons of people, although I don’t believe I’ll talk to them again.”

Matte said the CHS students had the chance to walk around the LSU campus.  “It was a cool experience; I got lost around LSU many times.”

She admitted that she’d love to attend LSU. “Although I don’t believe they have the major I want to practice, but I could always major in something different.”

Matte recalled what she liked most about being on a college campus. “Seeing all the individuals walk around and going to classes as well as seeing the different places to eat.”

Manuel also asked junior Donald Doucet, 17, to participate in the district rally in Agriscience III.  He qualified for state by placing first.

Doucet admitted that the test did not go as expected.  “I only knew one question.”

He claimed that there were no surprises when he visited the LSU campus.  “I’ve been on LSU’s campus many times so it wasn’t something new.”

Doucet, who ate at a bagel place and at Subway, said he enjoyed joking around with friends.

About the Writer
Travis Hayes, Staff Writer

I'm a great person to go to with technological things. I'm a lover of video games and films, as well as being a journalist and an actor in drama fine arts....