Chloe Sibley Named Crowley High School Lady

Chloe+Sibley
Chloe Sibley

Chloe Sibley

Chloe Sibley

Taren Adams, Staff Writer

Chloe Sibley

Senior Chloe Sibley has been chosen as the 2018 Crowley High School Lady.

Sibley, who holds a 3.9 grade-average, is the daughter of Crystal Morgan and Beau Sibley.

While at CHS, Sibley was on the Prom Committee was chosen as Second Princess on the 2018 Prom Court.  She was also a member of this year’s Homecoming Court, the Senior Class secretary, and the cheerleading squad for two years, serving as captain this year. Sibley also won the 2017 City of Crowley Mardi Gras Poster Contest.

Sibley explained her immediate reaction after finding out she had been chosen.  “I wasn’t expecting to be chosen, so I was very surprised and excited!”

She expected that is was her participation in different clubs and events along with just being friends with everyone that qualified her for the positions.

Sibley was also named Crowley High School’s Outstanding Young Citizen and was recognized at the Chamber of Commerce Banquet on May 9.

“Mr. Pinac brought me into his office and delivered the news to me by congratulating me,” Sibley explained.  “My jaw dropped. I was very pleasantly surprised.”

Sibley mentioned how she feels to be recognized with these honors.  “I definitely feel honored and humbled by this. It’s an amazing feeling to be able to represent CHS in two major ways, and I’m proud.”

Sibley, who came to Crowley High in her third year, explained what Crowley High means to her.  “For me, Crowley High is a place of new beginnings. I came here during my junior year, and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Coming here, I found myself. Being at Crowley High has been a wonderful, genuine and real experience.”

She mentioned her favorite things about CHS.  “The freedom to be yourself. Everyone here is so expressive and accepting.”

She also learned some life lessons while at CHS.  “Stay neutral, be kind to everyone, and setting time aside to study ALWAYS pays off in the long run!”

She also acknowledged her two favorite teachers.  (Art teacher Renee) deBellevue because I love art, and she also taught my mother! (Business teacher Amy) Pastor-Bergeron, too, since she’s so fun and charismatic!”

Sibley plans on studying nursing at McNeese State University to become a neonatal nurse practitioner.

She said her motivation to become this is, “My baby sister, Zayda, who stayed in one neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) for about a month. Seeing what the nurses do in one NICU awed and inspired me.”

Sibley explained how being CHS Lady will inspire her future.  “It encourages me to continue the hard work and to stay true to myself,” she stated. “Anything can be accomplished!”

She also had a final comment.  “Thank you to everyone for being so kind and accommodating and for making my time here at CHS so memorable and valuable.”

About the Writer
Taren Adams, Staff Writer

I'm the 17 year old Crowley High School junior and cheerleader, Taren Adams. In my spare time you can usually find me doing some volunteer work at local...